A good review SHOULD include:
- A description of the content of the book and how it compares to similar books.
- A detailed account of your thoughts going into your ratings. (for example: I only gave the story a 3.5 rating because ... )
- Suggestions on what you might have done to improve the book:
- alternate endings
- authoring from a different character perspective
A good review SHOULD NOT include:
- spoilers: any story information or details that might detract from a readers enjoyment of the book.
- profanity and/or derogatory comments; only constructive criticism please.
- simple opinions: we would like to know WHY you liked or disliked the book.
A good review MAY include:
- comments on the illustrations when available:
- what form were the illustations (example: drawings, watercolors, etc.)
- did you enjoy the illustrations and why?
- were the illustrations appropriate and why?
- did the illustrations add to, or detract from, your overall enjoyment of the book?